Rosewood Independent School in Northumberland is currently undergoing an application for Independent School Status with the Department for Education.
- Building Connection Before Correction -
We are committed to providing a safe learning environment in which children can improve academic performance, develop positive relationships, and be inspired to love learning.
- Permanently excluded children
- Children at risk of exclusion
- Looked After Children/ Children in Care
- Children facing social and emotional challenges
- School refusers
- Children with mental health concerns
- Children with mild to moderate SEN
- Children who have experienced trauma or adverse childhood experiences
All of our placements involve a high level of support beyond the classroom.
- We work closely with Early Help, CYPS, Primary Mental Health, and allocated social workers.
- We build positive relationships with parents/carers.
- We attend Core Meetings for our students, and provide reports upon request.
- As we have a qualified and experienced SENCO in our Senior Leadership Team, we support with EHCP applications, observations, and assessments.
- We are also happy to help external professionals deliver support courses to hard-to-reach children who find engaging with services challenging.
- We have experience supporting the Youth Offending Team, Educational Psychologists, Adolescent and Child Domestic Violence Teams, and SORTED (Substance Misuse Services).
We believe in building connection before correction. We provide a nurturing environment in which we inspire children to achieve success to their highest potential. Our individualised trauma-informed approach to teaching and learning allows us to encourage social and emotional growth and promote positive and respectful relationships and acceptance of others.
- To develop confident, self assured, and able learners.
- To share our passion and enthusiasm for education.
- To provide a stimulating learning experience for all children.
- To support children for life-readiness.
- To develop independence, self-esteem, and resilience in pupils.
- To encourage social and emotional growth through promoting good relationships with adults and other children.
- To create a welcoming environment for all children and visitors.