Building Connection Before Correction
Rosewood Independent School is open as usual for all students.
Rosewood Independent School is a trauma-informed setting specialising in 1:1 and very small group bespoke educational provision through mental health, trauma, and SEN interventions.
We are a co-educational school offering placements for 10 full time and 25 part time students in Northumberland. We offer placements to students aged between 6-16. As a bespoke educational provision, we welcome requests for homeschooling and alternative provision from out of county.
We are committed to providing a safe and inclusive learning environment in which children can develop positive relationships, improve academic performance, and be inspired to love learning.
We believe in building connection before correction.
We provide a nurturing environment in which we inspire children to achieve success to their highest potential.
Our individualised trauma-informed approach to teaching and learning allows us to encourage social and emotional growth and promote positive and respectful relationships and acceptance of others.
- To develop confident, self assured, and able learners in a diverse and inclusive learning environment.
- To share our passion and enthusiasm for education.
- To provide a individualised learning experience for all children.
- To support children to become responsible global citizens.
- To develop independence, self-esteem, and resilience in pupils.
- To encourage social and emotional growth through promoting positive relationships with adults and other children.
- To create a welcoming and nurturing environment for all children and visitors.
All of our placements involve a high level of support beyond the classroom.
- We work closely with Early Help, CYPS (Children & Young Person Service or equivalent), Primary Mental Health, allocated social workers, and any other professionals involved in the life of a child and their family.
- We build positive and respectful relationships with parents/carers.
- We attend Core Meetings for our students, and provide reports upon request.
- As we have a qualified and experienced SENCO on our Senior Leadership Team, we support with EHCP (Education, Health, and Care Plan) applications, observations, and assessments.
- We are also happy to help external professionals deliver support courses to hard-to-reach children who find engaging with services challenging.
- We have experience supporting the Youth Offending Team, Educational Psychologists, Adolescent and Child Domestic Violence Teams, and SORTED (Substance Misuse Services).
- We work in partnership with Total Tuition inclusion and diversity consultancy service.
At Rosewood Independent School we are committed to:
- Promoting equality of opportunity
- Eliminating discrimination and harassment
- Valuing diversity and promoting positive relationships
- Providing an inclusive education which enables all pupils to develop their full potential
- Meeting all the requirements of the Equality Act 2010